DSO Nano v2?

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ChadRT

DSO Nano v2?

Post by ChadRT »

Hello and thanks for providing such cool place to hang out at and look at all the cool projects, videos and tools. My kind of place...

I have never used a scope before and I am a HAM operator. I love my hobby and especially integrating ham radio with computers. The other day we were having a discussion on one my IRLP nodes (internet radio linking project) specifically pertaining to my audio adjustments. A very knowledgeable radio systems engineer told me to consider getting an oscilloscope to measure my audio from my radio before pumping it into my computers for use on the nodes.

I see your little guy here https://www.adafruit.com/products/468 and thought can this thing provide enough power to accurately measure an audio sine wave at say 2volts peak to peak (optimal audio output)? If so I thought I might just pick this up as my first ever scope!

Another use might be to sample AM on the 10 meter band to check modulation. I have seen them used for such before and when used properly it makes such a clean crisp sound on the other end. Thanks again and hopefully the presales questions are ok here.

~Chad

adafruit_support_bill

Re: DSO Nano v2?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is a nifty little scope and will work well for you at audio frequencies. It is rated for up to 200KHz signals, but really best suited for signals up to 100KHZ. It's a great little starter scope - and you can't beat the portability. But you will need something with more bandwidth when you get into looking at RF signals.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”