USB Microscope not working on Mac (Mountain Lion)

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nss1970

USB Microscope not working on Mac (Mountain Lion)

Post by nss1970 »

Hello, guys!

I have the USB microscope as you can see on the picture and a MacBook PRO 17", running Moutain Lion (10.8.2).

The microscope runs fine on my old PC, but when I connect it to my Mac, the light of the microscope only flashes for a millisecond, it shows on the USB list of the System Report, but non of the software seems to recognize it as a camera (I've tried Macscope 2.5, Facetime, iChat, etc...).

Can you help me, please?

Thanks.
Attachments
Microscope USB
Microscope USB
Fotografia, 25-02-13 - 12.49.jpg (63.47 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

danatcbl

Re: USB Microscope not working on Mac (Mountain Lion)

Post by danatcbl »

Um, yeah, welcome to the club. I got the aluminum model, and it was a real stinker. It will not play on my MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion) except in photo booth or Facetime. The usefulness of both of those are minimal for the purposes of this equipment. My two Windows 7 machines (one virtual, one real) will not recognize it when the USB is plugged in. To add insult to injury, not even the manufacturer has a manual available for this model! But what REALLY made me put the thing back in the box and send it back for a refund was the fact that when looked at the image shown in Facetime and PhotoBooth, the image was mirrored! Both yours and my models were made by the same outfit, so I am not surprised you are having trouble. This was certainly not up to the normal standards for products I usually get from adafruit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”