by sbehnke on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm just getting into electronics and I saw the DSO Nano v2 sold by Adafruit and it looks like a fantastic little starter scope where my wife won't complain too much about the price point. I started googling to see what else I could find on it though and I ran across the DSO Nano v3 on Seeed Studio. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything other than the fact that the product exists there or anywhere else for that matter. Would it be better to wait for v3 to become available on Adafruit or should I just buy the v2?

Thanks!
sbehnke

by sbehnke on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Apparently the difference is it uses a black metal case instead of a white plastic one.
sbehnke

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Yeah, apparently the main difference is the enclosure.

You're right that it's a good, affordable starter scope. It will give you very good readings (at least 10 samples per cycle) up through audio frequencies (< 20kHz), and reaches its upper limit at 100kHz.
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike