Pocket Autoranging Digital Multimeter - ID: 850

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
guitartec

Pocket Autoranging Digital Multimeter - ID: 850

Post by guitartec »

Hi, I am trying to replace my 20 yr old pocket DMM, and I don't handle change well, so I need it to be exactly like the old one. That leads me to this question; This mini DMM you sell touts a "beeping continuity test". I MUST have a buzzer like my old meter. So, I'd appreciate it if you could confirm if this is in fact a momentary beep or a continual buzz for continuity.

Also, I read here that you folks suggested to a customer who was getting poor battery life in the pocket DMM should try using SR44 silver oxide batteries instead of theLR44 alkaline counterpart. Do you know if that significantly increased time between battery changes? (I will be using this DMM often, and don't look forward to that reoccurring hassle).

Thx

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Pocket Autoranging Digital Multimeter - ID: 850

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I will look into the continuity beeper/buzzer question. All continuity testers I am aware of are continuous tone. But I will confirm.

As for the SR-44. They do last considerably longer in applications like these. The Silver Oxide chemistry has more capacity and a flatter discharge curve than the Alkaline chemistry in the LR-44.

adafruit

Re: Pocket Autoranging Digital Multimeter - ID: 850

Post by adafruit »

All of our meters have a long, annoying, continuous beep - thats how we like 'em :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”