Damaged Microscope Stand Base

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tunahammer

Damaged Microscope Stand Base

Post by tunahammer »

Hello!

The microscope stand base seemed to have a problem immediately upon arrival, it didn't allow the screw to go in more than 1/4 turn, so I tried using it anyway and it fell out. Very sad. Any chance of a replacement base or should I just try to torque it in there?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Damaged Microscope Stand Base

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Could you post a photo of the hole so we can see the threads? If something is wrong we'll definitely get you a new one, but if there's a fix you can do on your own it will save you having to wait for shipping.

Tinker47

Post by Tinker47 »

Just got this camera. Stand is in my opinion a (pardon my French) a POS. First, the base is not heavy enough to hold the microscope (tips over) in all but one position. I see why you recommend the 3D stand (Product 969) but why should have to buy a $50 stand for a $70 USB microscope. Second, the plastic clip that holds the microscope to the stand doesn't. No amount of screwing will tighten it. It appears to me the screw should have machine threads and the stand with a matching tap. In fact that is what I plan to try.

To moderator: Tried to attach a video (.mov) of the camera shake. System can not accommodate.

Tinker47

Post by Tinker47 »

While I might have been able to hack a fix for this stripped out screw the defective lighting control pushed me to request a replacement.

Camera picture quality is great.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”