DSO Nano documentation is out of date

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dale eason

DSO Nano documentation is out of date

Post by dale eason »

I just got a DSO Nano from you. The documention you link to (manual and DownLoads) on the product page are out of date for the current device. They are for an older version of the device. This new device will not work if you download the firmware as described in those documents. In fact it will become unuseable until you find the right firmware and new update process.

The new version of the device is also called V3 but it is not the same as their old V3. It has new hardware and a different display module that will not work with the old firmware. I finally found the SEEDStudio DSO NANO Forum and thier moderator posted where I could get the correct V4_22 firmware that restored my DSO Nano to operating condition. It also apperas that this new version uses old firmware that has several bugs and can not be upgraded by the BenF firware that was so good on the older models and fixed many issues with this device.

So far the DSO Nano has not lived up to my expectation and actually does not do what they claim. At least I can not get it to trigger on signals and store the waveform for viewing. Instead it quickly rescans the input and the old data is lost. So right now I'm very unhappy with the device.

The manual on your site is also obsolete. The images of the screen do not match those on the device nore its case configuration. This new version has no microSD slot anywhere.

So you may need to look into the issue and update your site. If there are any new docs for it. SeedStudio DSO Nano seems to be very poor to nonexistant. Unless I just have not found the right link. Their Wiki for the DSO Nano is out of date as well.

Otherwise I like your other products and quick and convient service.

Dale Eason

adafruit_support_mike

Re: DSO Nano documentation is out of date

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thanks for letting us know about the documentation. We'll dig around and see what we can find for the present v3.

adafruit

Re: DSO Nano documentation is out of date

Post by adafruit »

Thanks for the reminder, we've updated it!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”