GoodFET42 board with firmware flashed AND verified?

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
apape

GoodFET42 board with firmware flashed AND verified?

Post by apape »

Hi Adafruit,

Being a newcomer to the forum, do not really know where to post this question, so here we are.

On the product page, it says "Comes as a fully assembled and tested board.", however my question is, does the board come with the GoodFET42 firmware flashed AND verified? I understand so by the "tested board" expression, but wanted to double check before placing an order.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1279

Thanks and regards,

A

Franklin97355

Re: GoodFET42 board with firmware flashed AND verified?

Post by Franklin97355 »

There is this
For a lot more information including all schematics, layouts and firmware, check out the goodfet website

apape

Post by apape »

Hi, thanks for the info, and I had already checked Travis' website. According to the GoodFET website, "Assembled Boards. A batch of assembled GoodFET42 boards ave been made available by RLS and are available from the good neighbors at Adafruit assembled GoodFET42."

Since Travis only provides the GoodFET PCB, I understand it is Adafruit that gathers all the required components and assembles the final GoodFET. However, yet the question arises: does Adafruit flash the latest GoodFET firmware from the GoodFET's svn repo and verify it works?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The GoodFet is assembled through Ryan Speers and River Loop Security: http://rmspeers.com/contact/pcb-requests

billrob

Post by billrob »

I am an embedded engineer and use the Ti FET and wanted a less expensive replacement, so I bought one of the goodfets.

I assumed that it would be a direct replacement and compatible with the Ti FET.

As per your description:

A handy tool for advanced microcontroller work, and especially for MSP430 fans who want their own JTAG debugger for everyday use. Comes as a fully assembled and tested board.

The Ti code composer doesn't recognize the goodfet and there is no documentation about how to use it with the Ti code composer development environment for the MSP430 family.

Please post a detailed "how to use" with the code composer development environment.

Thanks!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

We sell them but these guys make and support them.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”