Circuit Playground ver 1.7, PDF management

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CoffeeJim

Circuit Playground ver 1.7, PDF management

Post by CoffeeJim »

I have loaded several PDF files into the "PDF file drawer", but have not figured how to remove files from this location.
Thanks for any help.
Jim

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Circuit Playground ver 1.7, PDF management

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

From iTunes, in the Apps pane, at the bottom of the page is a display that shows extra files associated with an app.

Click on "Circuit Playground" to see the files associated with that, select the ones you want to get rid of, then press the 'delete' key. iTunes should ask you if you really want to get rid of them.

robduarte

Post by robduarte »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the PDF data sheet drawer does not seem to work properly when using the "Open In..." feature. Basically, I open a PDF from Chrome in the Playground app. it opens in Playground, but it doesn't seem to save to the drawer. Every time I go back to the drawer, it opens the last PDF I opened, but there dont appear to be any other PDFs in the drawer (I never see a list or anything). I was happy to see this feature since I don't use iTunes but it seems broken?
rob

collinmel

Post by collinmel »

So just to clarify - the PDFs opened from within iOS (mobile safari, etc) aren't saving to Circuit Playground's PDF list?

collinmel

Post by collinmel »

robduarte wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the PDF data sheet drawer does not seem to work properly when using the "Open In..." feature. Basically, I open a PDF from Chrome in the Playground app. it opens in Playground, but it doesn't seem to save to the drawer. Every time I go back to the drawer, it opens the last PDF I opened, but there dont appear to be any other PDFs in the drawer (I never see a list or anything). I was happy to see this feature since I don't use iTunes but it seems broken?
rob
also - please let me know what version of iOS & Circuit Playground you're using.

robduarte

Post by robduarte »

Sorry - this was a misunderstanding on my part. I didn't realize that the search icon was the way to see a list of the files in the file cabinet. I would have thought that the file cabinet icon would show me a list and that the search icon was for searching. It does seem to have kept the PDFs that I added so it's working. Thanks for the reply.
Rob

CoffeeJim

Post by CoffeeJim »

Mike, thanks for your quick response, sorry I have taken so long to get back into this discussion.

EDITED REMARKS MAY 17, 2014: now working, once I figured out that I was looking in the wrong area of iTunes. Thought the association took place in the "library" section of iTunes. Found what you described once I plugged the iPad into the WinPC and looked at the iPad connection. As you indicated the "Apps" tab has a file association section in the lower left screen area.

Thanks for your help. Jim

WHAT FOLLOWS WAS SUPERSEDED BY THE ABOVE EDIT:

The process you outlined does not seem to work for me. My guess is that you are using iTunes on an Apple, while my iTunes is being run on a Windows PC.
Win7 (64 bit)
iTunes 11.2.0.115
Circuit Playground version 1.7 on an
iPad2 iOS 7.1.1

I see no options for locating associated files.
Right mouse clicking opens up a "Get info" option, but that does not lead to any file associations.

Again - Thanks for any help

Jim

collinmel

Post by collinmel »

Ah - was just installing iTunes on Win7 to check. Glad you to hear you got it working, Jim!

CoffeeJim

Post by CoffeeJim »

Sorry to put you to some extra work. Thanks for the reply.

Collin, if I may, let me take a few lines to thank you for your many educational and entertaining tutorials. I am an old guy, 67, who in my retirement has a goal to learn something about electronics. Nothing BANNED, like going for an EE degree, but I look forward to having a better understanding of electrons, and how they are used, and also look forward to learning a bit of C programming. Thank you for helping me out of the starting gate, as it were, on my journey of discovery. Your efforts are appreciated.
Best regards,
Jim

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”