a second question

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xoxos

a second question

Post by xoxos »

that's a shame :) it seems as if one of your products is ideal for this application given the frequencies, which would be applicable to several colleagues.

1) may i ask you to delete the other thread, or at least my second, detailed post?

2) perhaps you can offer guidelines on another matter.

schematics for RFID zappers are everywhere online, there are instructional videos for building them out of disposable cameras, or even a moderately sized cap and a casually coiled wire. it is hardly taboo to build an RFID zapper.

using a coiled wire, since that is the more primitive and thus readily available method, what voltage do you estimate would be adequate for disabling an RFID an inch or two inside the body of say a farm animal, where they are commonly used?

gratefully,

adafruit

Re: a second question

Post by adafruit »

xoxos wrote:that's a shame :) it seems as if one of your products is ideal for this application given the frequencies, which would be applicable to several colleagues.

1) may i ask you to delete the other thread, or at least my second, detailed post?

2) perhaps you can offer guidelines on another matter.

schematics for RFID zappers are everywhere online, there are instructional videos for building them out of disposable cameras, or even a moderately sized cap and a casually coiled wire. it is hardly taboo to build an RFID zapper.

using a coiled wire, since that is the more primitive and thus readily available method, what voltage do you estimate would be adequate for disabling an RFID an inch or two inside the body of say a farm animal, where they are commonly used?

gratefully,
1) deleted
2) sorry we don't know what voltage would be adequate for disabling an RFID an inch or two inside the body of say a farm animal.

thanks,
adafruit

xoxos

Re: a second question

Post by xoxos »

cheers,

>>
Your "art project," a black metal box with wires protruding from it,
was discovered by the Campus Police attached to a girder in East
Garage

i guess admin contacted you about that... :)

i had a friend that went to MIT, eric cassetti, dead now. my own schoolmate, gabrielle giffords, you've probably heard her story.

stay up, and thank you for sharing your talents.

rurik

"chinese heaven and hell are the same place - a table packed with food, where everyone has 10 ft. chopsticks. in hell they starve and fight, in heaven they feed each other"

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”