Sharing my daughters 7th grade science project - Pi+MakeyMakey

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Razer51

Sharing my daughters 7th grade science project - Pi+MakeyMakey

Post by Razer51 »

Thought I'd share my daughters science project as we keep missing the video chat for whatever reason, but she is proud of what she made. We purchased the Makey MAkey, all the wires we used and the copper tape from Adafruit. We even used the Occidentalis 0.2 image to make this work. It would not work on the official Raspbian image at all for some reason, but your versions worked great!

She did all the work herself, imaged the SD card, programmed the sounds in Scratch, virtually everything was her work with dad supplying the needed parts and advise. This is her first ever science project like this, and her first ever youtube video. She is home schooled, but she attends an online k-12 program with teachers and such every day also. The teachers loved it, so she is hoping to move on to a actual science fair here in the state for all the students that had good projects get to go to. We'll find out in a few days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r8-8lscVFs

Wanted to share and to say thanks, we have watched several videos from Adafruit on youtube and it was one of the things that really got my daughter excited about this. I love to see this as a dad, I wanted to say thanks to Adafruit for a great site and doing all the work to encourage young people to do great things and to stay thinking all the time.

adafruit

Re: Sharing my daughters 7th grade science project - Pi+MakeyMakey

Post by adafruit »

nice work, wish we had this kind of technology in 7th grade instead of potato clocks :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”