LED's and GPS modules...

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TWHOFFMAN

LED's and GPS modules...

Post by TWHOFFMAN »

Hi,

I need some helps with LEDS and a GPS modules. This is all very new to me. I am developing a new product for a bike and would like to have LEDS and a gps module on it..

First, I'm looking for a complete package of LED'S lights that are very small and can be powered off a small battery or board. I want to mount them to a bike and only need 2-3 lights - two colors. Also, I was wondering how far the motion sensor works and what kind of pattern it casts. For example if you had one mounted on the back of a bike and a car was approaching how far from behind the cyclist could this motion sensor work to engage and turn on the LED light... I would like to have 1 big LED light that stays on, and on the other two that engages as motion in sensed from behind.. This is all new to me, and any help would be awesome. Also, if you could point me in the right direction for this type of setup for this scenario.

Secondly, I'm looking for a small gps module that can be mounted somewhere to a bike component. My question is, can you track the gps module from remote, and how far? Also, do the GPS modules record info so you can review? Is there any kind of software that comes with it?

Thanks you!
Teddy

Franklin97355

Re: LED's and GPS modules...

Post by Franklin97355 »

Which "motion sensor" are you looking at? The PIR sensor only senses motion and on a bike that would be all the time. What you might consider is a distance sensor but most of those sold as hobby units only measure to a couple of meters and if someone is comming up behind me I'd want more warning than that. Give more details of the project if you want better answers, thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”