Adalight with Lightpack

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bavilo

Re: Adalight with Lightpack

Post by Bavilo »

demmax2004 wrote:
Do you recommend increasing the height of the zones of leaving them default?
Are you asking me?
I can not advise you anything, I do not have the device Adalight.
Oh ok, which device do you use?

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

Paintpack DMX

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

demmax2004 wrote:Paintpack DMX
I see, but you still had to set up the zones correct?

Did you make them cover only a slim part of the screen, or did you make the zones bigger to capture more of the screen?

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

Sorry. I can not understand you and what you want to tell me.

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

demmax2004 wrote:Sorry. I can not understand you and what you want to tell me.
Oh, it's ok, I'll just wait until I receive my LEDs

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

If there are problems with the setup wizard, please contact me via email or skype

flash608

Post by flash608 »

mlte wrote:Any way to make it grab from the second or third screen? it works fine on the primary screen but refuses to grab anything from the second or third screen.
Edit: Nevermind I managed it , still one of the Led's stays off even though it lights just fine if I check "avg color on all leds"
Hi, i know it`s been a while, but how did you manage to do this? When i grab the area of some pixels to another screen (on my left) it doesn`t work at all. It works only on my primary screen. I`ve checked config file and if i grab the frames to the second screen the values goes with minus (-) for e.g. "Position=@Point(-302 640)"

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

Which LEDs are you guys using?
The adafruit LED Strand (or similar)?

How is the brightness of the halo effect? I just mounted all of my 100 LEDs and I'm not sure if the brightness will be enough...

All those youtube videos of DIY ambilight seem to have really bright effects. I hope mine will be the same...

Also, is anyone tilting the LEDs a certain degree towards to wall?

flash608

Post by flash608 »

Hi Bavilo, mine looks like this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZoCCAyrQFY I`ve finished it a couple days ago. It works great.
In my case i put leds directly to the sides of the furnitures. It depends only on your project, you can do it in so many ways.
Oh, i`m using leds from ebay, they are a copy of those one from Adafruit and they are so bright that i`m using those in about 10-40% depending on films etc.

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

flash608 wrote:Hi Bavilo, mine looks like this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZoCCAyrQFY I`ve finished it a couple days ago. It works great.
In my case i put leds directly to the sides of the furnitures. It depends only on your project, you can do it in so many ways.
Oh, i`m using leds from ebay, they are a copy of those one from Adafruit and they are so bright that i`m using those in about 10-40% depending on films etc.
Wow that is really bright. Can you provide the link to the eBay listing? Mine are also a copy from the adafruit lights. But they don't look as bright as yours....not sure what I'm doing wrong...maybe its because the LEDs are perpendicular to the wall and not pointed at the wall?

Im going to be very sad if I spent all this money only to get a very dim ambilight...:(

flash608

Post by flash608 »

I don`t know if i can post it here, but ok ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-12mm-IP65 ... 35c12558a7
It looks really bright cause my camera (SGS2) isn`t to fast to adjust to the current light conditions.

I suggest you to first (if you`re on Windows) install Arduino soft, then processing, and than run the adalight sketch or colorwhirl. That was the first software working with my leds nevertheless Lightpack is so much easier to use.

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

flash608 wrote:I don`t know if i can post it here, but ok ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-12mm-IP65 ... 35c12558a7
It looks really bright cause my camera (SGS2) isn`t to fast to adjust to the current light conditions.

I suggest you to first (if you`re on Windows) install Arduino soft, then processing, and than run the adalight sketch or colorwhirl. That was the first software working with my leds nevertheless Lightpack is so much easier to use.
Mine are 100% identical to yours. 1600mcd etc...

Also I ran multiple software. Processing, prismatik, and ambibox. I think I need to try prismatik again and see if I can adjust the brightness. But I think my problem is still that the LEDs are not pointing at the wall. I need to fix that tomorrow...

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

I'm finally done with my ambilight!!!

This is the first shot of my 100 Channel 55" Setup.

http://imgur.com/aCKJs

I'm using Ambibox v 2.1.0

mg3point

Post by mg3point »

I am attempting a 100 channel setup. I am using an old laptop running windows 7 an arduino mega 2560 rev 3 and 4 stands of 25 WS2801's. I have everything wired up and am following the adalight tutorial and plan to use prismatik. Following the steps i pushed the LEDStream to arduino but when it runs its test sequence only the first LED is firing. Any suggestions? I've read somethings about needing to update the spi.h but don't want to go poking around and break something else.

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

mg3point: what pins are you connected to on the Arduino Mega?

Also, try connecting to the second strand of LEDs and see if you get the same symptoms, or if all the LEDs light up then.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”