NEED TO EXCHANGE ITEM

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bones82

Re: NEED TO EXCHANGE ITEM

Post by bones82 »

This isn't working.

bones82

Post by bones82 »

This is not working. This is not working. I have done everything you have asked, except the photos. I send you the code, you don't even say that it is write. You just want me to do more work. Exchange or not.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

bones82 wrote:This isn't working.
bones82 wrote:This isn't working. This is not working. I have done everything you have asked, except the photos. I send you the code, you don't even say that it is write. You just want me to do more work. Exchange or not.
hi steve,

feel free to email the photos to [email protected]

if you'd like to return any items for a full refund you're welcome to do that at any time as well.

thanks,
adafruit support

bones82

Post by bones82 »

so is the code write

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

bones82 wrote:so is the code write
if you're using the code example from us with the correct product it should be right, ideally you could post a photo (or email it to us) so we can see how it's all wired up and powered.

thanks,
adafruit support

bones82

Post by bones82 »

You avoided the question. The code is posted. Is it right. YES or NO RGB 12mm strip

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi steve,

if you're using the code example from us with the correct product, yes, it should be right - it's what works and is tested. ideally you could post a photo (or email it to us) so we can see how it's all wired up and powered.

thanks,
adafruit support

bones82

Post by bones82 »

Photos sent via my iphone. It was quicker that way.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

bones82 wrote:Photos sent via my iphone. It was quicker that way.
it's hard to tell from the photos that were emailed from the aol.com address, but try swapping clock and data, reset the arduino, and see what happens.

thanks,
adafruit support

bones82

Post by bones82 »

WOW, you have the worse case of denial. It is broken. But yes i did switch them for you. IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. How do you want me to take the pictures. Let me know.

Thank You

Steven

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi steve,

it's about 11pm at night, we've really tried to be patient and tried our best to assist you answering within minutes and seconds - the photos you sent are difficult to see how it's connected up and you said you cannot post them here. we have no problem replacing, refunding or exchanging any item if there are issues we cannot resolve.

from the start we said you're free to send the strip back for a full refund, we'll even pay for the shipping back.

Adafruit Industries
Returns: order #168634
80 Nassau Street, Unit 4C
New York NY 10038

when it arrives we'll test it here as well just to see if it there was an issue with it of course too. if do not want to send the strip back, we'll just refund you and you're welcome to keep the strip.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

bones82

Post by bones82 »

LOL, still wont admit it. The photos are as clear as day. Let me know, how you want them i can add text to the photos to describe them to you. Would that be sufficint.

Thank You

Steven (TEST ENGINEER)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi steve,

we do not know if your strip is defective or not, we tried our best. it appears we're not going to be able to assist you, so we've refunded the cost of the strip, we're sorry were not able to assist you. from the start we said we have no problem replacing, refunding or exchanging any item if there are issues we cannot resolve. you're welcome to send it back if you'd like us to take a look at it, we'll pay for the shipping - but you now have a full refund for the strip and the shipping on your entire order.

--------------------
PayPal refund for $50.50 - Transaction ID: 59N84680GH4191454
--------------------

we think that's more than fair, again - we are sorry we could not assist you.

thanks,
adafruit

bones82

Post by bones82 »

THATS FUNNY, I did not ask for refund. I am reporting you to the federal trade commission.

From the get go, all i asked for was a new product. But i bent over backwards to try to explain this to you. Every time i was write you would not even apologize or admit it. You just get on here and belittle peoples inteligence. Its your website that wont let me download photos. It is your lack of skills that let you fail at your job. I hope all the people that were watching this will leave this site and take there business else were.

Thank You

Steven TEST ENGNEER

THANKS A LOT, THIS WAS A PROJECT I WAS TRYING TO COMPLETE FOR MY SON, NOW I HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO HIM HOW IT WONT MAKE ITS DEADLINE. :(

john444

Post by john444 »

WOW

Phil & Adafruit support,

I believe that was the most one-sided e-mail discussion I have ever seen.
You showed a lot of patience and civility while dealing with this guy.
I am afraid, I would have told him to return whatever he wished for a refund
and stopped responding to his ranting. It was such a terrible waste of your time.
Luckly persons with such bad attitudes are fairly rare.
But, they certinly can poison an otherwise pleasant day.

It is very clear that no one (not even Adafruit) can please everyone.
It is only possible to be reasonable.

I commend you for doing such a good job with such a difficult person.
And, I wanted to say - Well done.
John Meek (Production Engineer)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”