Do the Television displays show static?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MoTinkerGNome

Do the Television displays show static?

Post by MoTinkerGNome »

I need to know if the TFT NTSC displays will display static. I am an experimenter with Drone Aircraft for search and rescue use. I have been looking for small analog television displays to try and make a monocular display goggle for the pilot to monitor video streams. Unfortunately as the video signal varies in distance due to the nature of flying robots and when the signal starts to go the image snows first then drops to static. But interference from the motors and other radio gear may cause a momentary blip in the signal.

I need to know if the TFT NTSC displays will display static. If they switch to black or blue when the source drops I fear I am at square one. But if they will display static then I am a very happy camper.

Parts I am inquiring about are 910 NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5" Diagonal

Part numbers 913 and 946 are also ones I am interested in. The Idea is to pop one in a pelican with a 2-3 cell lipo with either a 900mhz or 5.8 ghz video receiver so that firefighters in the field can view the aerial feed. I already have the receivers and transmitters I'm just looking for an economical display.

Thanks
Carl

adafruit

Re: Do the Television displays show static?

Post by adafruit »

They do not display static - they display blue or black.

Rahi374

Post by Rahi374 »

Does this mean that if I have product 910 (1.5" TFT Display) and it's displaying static even when there is both signal (raspberry pi) and power (9V), and then a couple seconds after the static it blacks out I can safely say that it's defective?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

So you get no picture at all, ever?

Rahi374

Post by Rahi374 »

I do. For, like, 2 seconds after plugging in the monitor and booting. After those two second it static-s (like the old TVs back in the day...) while fading out into a dark black screen. Though, after the blackout, if I look carefully into the screen, I can still see a couple horizontal strips of brighter black as a result of the static. (Even after I power down the pi and the monitor the lines remain)

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”