I'm fairly new to micro's but am having a lot of fun and success (in between measured amounts of letting purple smoke escape free :lol: Part of a larger project I'm working on needs a basic screen & simple UI so I got this LCD + Shield kit
(which includes this Standard HD44780 LCD board
The shield and buttons are all working great, and I was so inspired I spent a few days hacking together this 2-line large-character font, and scrolling/positioning functions.
This is working really well (functionally) but I'm not sure if I'm hitting a code-optimization problem or a LCD display limitation. As the block-letters scroll across the screen, there's a redish-blue flash or trail that follows in the opposite direction.
I looks like some kind of "trail" artifact from blanking the pixels, but it's quite possible my code is simply not fast enough. I tried playing with the contrast-pot, and this helps a little bit. However, basically these artifacts severely limit the rate at wich I can scroll characters on the screen. Anything faster than moving one column per 500ms renders the text unreadable.
I managed to catch this artifact with my phone...