USB + Serial Backkpack Kit with 16x2 RGB backlight LCD

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bbuckner

USB + Serial Backkpack Kit with 16x2 RGB backlight LCD

Post by bbuckner »

Hello Adafruit,

This item is backordered and I could use information to help with packaging this unit (ID: 782). It appears that the USB connections are also available at pads on the backpack board that appear to be suitable for a .100" spacing header. Is this a correct assumption? Can the whole unit powered from the USB? Finally, do you have mechanical dimensions for the part?

Thank you for all of your help,

Bob

adafruit

Re: USB + Serial Backkpack Kit with 16x2 RGB backlight LCD

Post by adafruit »

Thats right, its a 0.1" spacing, and it can be powered from USB - we dont have dimensions up quite yet, but we'll have them up on github soon with the board files

bbuckner

Post by bbuckner »

Thank you. Useful information.

This part still seems to be back ordered. Is there an update on actual availability? I can't move forward with my project.

If it is a long and indeterminate wait for these parts, is there another set of boards that are available that we could use to prototype the system while we wait for this part?

Thank you,

Bob

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The estimate on the product description page is our best estimate at this point.
is there another set of boards that are available that we could use to prototype the system while we wait for this part?
If you have i2c available, we do have the i2C backpacks in stock: https://www.adafruit.com/products/292

bbuckner

Post by bbuckner »

Thank you.

We need USB, so I guess I'll have to wait.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”