Reset on power up for PCD8544 Nokia 5110/3310 LCD

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
abefroman

Reset on power up for PCD8544 Nokia 5110/3310 LCD

Post by abefroman »

I'm wanting to run the Nokia graphic display through a slip ring so only have 6 wires to use, 2 of which have to provide higher voltage to the rest of my circuit...

An overview: Incoming 9-12VDC and GND gets split to a small circuit board and also goes to the an Arduino. The small circuit board will step down the 9-12VDC to 3.3V with a LM317 circuit, which will power the 4050 level shifter and LCD screen.

So I only have 4 wires to talk to the display which I'm planning on using for the following pins on the display:
  • SCLK
    DIN
    D/C
    LED back light (I'll be using PWM to set the brightness)
I'll tie CS to ground. But the reset pin is the one throwing me. The tutorial says I can connect it to the Arduino reset pin so they both reset at the same time, but I'm out of slip ring wires to send that to the display. Can I just provide the reset pin with 3.3V all the time, and when I remove power from the circuit it will "go low" and reset - essentially providing a power up reset? Or will I need to do something else? I'm afraid to just try it since I don't want to kill this cool little display!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

adafruit

Re: Reset on power up for PCD8544 Nokia 5110/3310 LCD

Post by adafruit »

that might work, try it!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”