ST7565R Dim Pixels

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
asleepinverona

ST7565R Dim Pixels

Post by asleepinverona »

Hi all!

This might be a long shot, but I'm sure someone out there on this forum has seen the issue I'm having.

I'm working with a display that uses an ST7565R controller (not an Adafruit product, but it uses a similar LCD controller nonetheless). I tried to get support through their forums but it doesn't seem to be as active as this one.

I am trying to write larger letters via an FPGA, but when I try to make some different letters that use a lot of pixels in the same line, those pixels appear dim. Please see the attached picture for a much better description.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this kind of issue. I have plenty of power from my power supply available and all of the circuitry to boost the supply voltage is working fine. I have also tried a lot of different resistor ratio and volume settings to see if I could change the contrast. The contrast does change, but that does not create the same "darkness" for all of the pixels.

I am going to take a step back and try using the display on an Arduino just to see if it works properly with all of the examples there. That should let me know if I I have a damaged display and if I'm missing something in the commands of the display.

Thanks!
Attachments
dim_pixels_center.png
dim_pixels_center.png (192.98 KiB) Viewed 579 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”