LPD8806 square one

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
arctic_eddie

Re: LPD8806 square one

Post by arctic_eddie »

Rick
Thanks to you and the Adafruit staff for great support, products, and libraries. We appreciate your contribution.

A Merry Christmas to all at your business and the other readers of this forum.

Arctic_Eddie

bmco2n

Re: LPD8806 square one

Post by bmco2n »

Dear Adafruit Forum,

Checking out Google on the 8806 Led Belt I see my posts and remember the impossible situation of getting serious help with the Adafruit forum staff. I had purchased several belts, intending to have them ready for last Christmas, but alas, there was a big hang-up that didn't seem to get across to the person, who tried his best to help me. Simply put, I could not find the driver for the Leonardo bootloader name that appeared on my device manager when I plugged in the 32u4 board. The .inf file had been downloaded onto my Windows 7 several times, using all the different options, but the Atmega32u4.inf always seemed to lack the driver. Apparently, my helper didn't get that. Off into Internet land to search, I found that many people had the same problem finding the driver. Recently, I found an expert at Arduino (not the forum), who could understand this simple problem and he found that his downloaded .inf file didn't work, either. The Leonardo bootloader showed up on his device manager, but going through the divice mgr procedure for updating the driver, no dice. He was using his Windows 7 in Italy. This guy has prepared a lot of LED belts and pointed me to links and key words for finally getting my 8806 kits to work.

A friend of this helper decided to chide me for being dense and one of your helpers insists that my Adaforum username is "Oldguy", my Arduino forum name.

Adafruit is a wonderful boon to people like me. I am continuing with my purchases from you with gratitude and appreciation. I hope the above info can sink in to your forum helpers.

bmco2n

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”