[TFT 2.8"{ Problem displaying bmp

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thecheshirecat

[TFT 2.8"{ Problem displaying bmp

Post by thecheshirecat »

Hi,
I've recently bought a TFT 2.8" shield from adafruit industries, because i would like to use it on my project with an official arduino ethernet. I've installed the librairies and everything works fine, except the tftbmp_shield example. When i try to use it, with any images, i've the same recurrent problem of displaying. For example, i try to print this image:

I only get this image on my screen :

I'm sorry, the picture's quality is bad and my english too. But if someone have an idea of the problem, i'm waiting for his reply =)
thank you,

TheCheshireCat

pburgess

Re: [TFT 2.8"{ Problem displaying bmp

Post by pburgess »

I think this may be a pin conflict between the TFT shield and the Arduino Ethernet board. Looking at the code and the pinouts for the two boards, I don't believe the SD card on either board can work when the two are used together.

thecheshirecat

Post by thecheshirecat »

Thank you for this quick answer, i've tried to put the tft screen on a leonardo but it seems that it can't load the program.
So if it's the problem,there's nothing i can do to fix it ? Is it possible to load a bmp pictures in a variable ?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Leonardo uses different pins for SPI. You might be able to get it to work with Software SPI, but I'm not sure that it has been tested with that shield. Do you have a regular Arduino (UNO, Duemianove, etc) to try it with? It will also work on the Mega - albeit more slowly.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”