Adalight-Only first led turns on

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xneo1

Adalight-Only first led turns on

Post by xneo1 »

At first I must tell you that am on Windows 8 x64.I have an Arduino Duemilanove which playes nice as I checked it with the "Blink" example.
I do the wiring as in the diagram but after I load LED project (On Arduino IDE) only the 1st led lights up!I did also both projects "Adalight" and "Colorswirl"
on Processing IDE (32bit).Both projects run but only the 1st led flashes!

Moreover whenever I load sth on Arduino, when it shows Done Uploading and then after the binary size:
"avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x2e"

Moreover when I only put the lights in the mains with the supplied [5V 2A (2000mA) switching power supply - UL Listed]
again only the 1st one turns on!

Moreover the strand wires are: blue-green-yellow-red,I don't know if it is of any importance but in a thread I read of mixed wiring of the strand
that's why I mention it.

So I think that probably the strand has a problem.
Please aid me to to find a solution otherwise I think that the adafruit support should send me a replacement.
Thanks for your time!

pburgess

Re: Adalight-Only first led turns on

Post by pburgess »

Hi there,

When the first LED responds...is that one LED at least doing the expected thing? That is, when you first connect power (to strand) and USB (to Arduino), does the LED flash red-green-blue? Does it cycle through colors if you run the 'colorswirl' sketch?

xneo1

Re: Adalight-Only first led turns on

Post by xneo1 »

Fortunately for me I continue testing the same on an old laptop with windows xp pro sp3 all 32bit.
It was very simple,almost silly but I had to use the 3rd option in the board selection where it said:
"Arduino Duecimilia or Duemilanove w/AT mega 168"

and it worked!

Then I did the same (choosing the 3rd option on board selection) in my Windows 8
machine and it worked.I will now continue with the rest of the process but since
"Adalight" worked in Processing (I am playing an episode of Homeland and when there is
movement the leds flash and pause when I pause)
consider this project finished.

The real solution was one of the things posted from adafruit that said sth about continue to
try as when starting everything new.It's the same with electronics; some times it takes years.
I'll keep you posted with pics and so on ,on my LG 20" screen!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”