Adalight with Prismatik (formerly Lightpack)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Tiyrell

Re: Adalight with Prismatik (formerly Lightpack)

Post by Tiyrell »

Timsat,

Getting better and better.

Problems:
keys trigger some events even when no key is assigned to it (like pressing the A button triggers the switching of profiles for me. So When lightpack is active, I cannot type on my keyboard without weird things happening.

Feature request:
Would it be possible to define how fast leds go from one color to the next? Now lightpack is so fast light flashes soooooo fast. Would be cool if you it slowly tranistions from color to color and make it a little more relaxed.

timsat

Post by timsat »

keys trigger some events even when no key is assigned to it (like pressing the A button triggers the switching of profiles for me. So When lightpack is active, I cannot type on my keyboard without weird things happening.
Yes, we also had this bug and we made a change that fixed the bug for us so now we can't reproduce it, but some still get this bug. We have the issue, and we will do something as soon as we understood the reason .)
Would it be possible to define how fast leds go from one color to the next? Now lightpack is so fast light flashes soooooo fast. Would be cool if you it slowly tranistions from color to color and make it a little more relaxed
Yes, it would be good, and i think it is better to implement transitions easing on a device as we made it with Lightpack. Prismatik will not flood communication port this way, and i belive it is not so difficult to add such feature there. Just an idea .) If there is no way to do it we will think about implementation on Prismatik side.

Tiyrell

Post by Tiyrell »

I have been thinking about whats better, implement speed in the Adalight or in the software controlling it.

My conclusion is that it's better to do this in the software controlling part (like prismatic or Boblight)
The reason is that I don't always want the same profile. In some action movies it's great to have a fast response, in other movies I'd like a more ease on the eyes slow ambilight. It's a lot easier in my eyes to do this on the sending side than receiving side. I'd hate to have to reprogram adalight for each movie.

Whats your thought on this Tim ?

timsat

Post by timsat »

Tiyrell wrote:I have been thinking about whats better, implement speed in the Adalight or in the software controlling it.

My conclusion is that it's better to do this in the software controlling part (like prismatic or Boblight)
The reason is that I don't always want the same profile. In some action movies it's great to have a fast response, in other movies I'd like a more ease on the eyes slow ambilight. It's a lot easier in my eyes to do this on the sending side than receiving side. I'd hate to have to reprogram adalight for each movie.

Whats your thought on this Tim ?
I'm talking about some internal option which you will be able to change, one profile set this option for very easy transitions and others set it to fast transitions or even turn any easing off, those are my thoughts

loooseer

Post by loooseer »

@ Timsat

Prismatik is very nice for Windows.

Can you make a Prismatik for BANNED 2.
Than i can use it on the Satreciever with the light Pack.

Greetz Maik

timsat

Post by timsat »

loooseer wrote:Prismatik is very nice for Windows.
Can you make a Prismatik for BANNED 2.
Than i can use it on the Satreciever with the light Pack.
Greetz Maik
i think you could try to start linux version of Prismatik somehow

loooseer

Post by loooseer »

the linux version dont run on BANNED 2.
i think BANNED 2 its a little bit another

timsat

Post by timsat »

ok, so please report feature request there

Almir

Post by Almir »

Hello,

Just a suggestion. Did you consider using the video signal from the second video output on the video card? The user can set the second screen to duplicate the first and you could then use that video signal instead of capturing screenshots over USB.

Almir

timsat

Post by timsat »

Almir wrote:Hello,
Just a suggestion. Did you consider using the video signal from the second video output on the video card? The user can set the second screen to duplicate the first and you could then use that video signal instead of capturing screenshots over USB.
Almir
It is an interesting idea, but i wouldn't sacrifice second screen to get backlight work

Almir

Post by Almir »

timsat wrote:
Almir wrote:Hello,
Almir
It is an interesting idea, but i wouldn't sacrifice second screen to get backlight work
That's a good point and to be honest neither would I, but I might be a good option for others. Another idea would be to use a DVI or an HDMI signal splitter. Those are very cheap and would provide the same benefit as using the second output.

Almir

whizter

Post by whizter »

Hey, I really like Prismatik, but I got a little problem. Prismatik shuts off all LEDs when there's nothing happening on the screen for about 10-15 Seconds. Can I somehow disable this behaviour? Another thing is Prismatik doesn't work in XBMC on fullscreen mode (only in fullscreen window mode). Is there a solution to this? I already enabled dx hooking and tried almost every setting.

timsat

Post by timsat »

whizter wrote:Hey, I really like Prismatik, but I got a little problem. Prismatik shuts off all LEDs when there's nothing happening on the screen for about 10-15 Seconds. Can I somehow disable this behaviour? Another thing is Prismatik doesn't work in XBMC on fullscreen mode (only in fullscreen window mode). Is there a solution to this? I already enabled dx hooking and tried almost every setting.
There is solution and it will be delivered with next release, and about the first problem please create an issue.

whizter

Post by whizter »

The issue of LEDs turning off suddenly disappeared, dunno why. Good to hear that the XBMC fullscreen problem is being worked on.

christ4404

Post by christ4404 »

Cn someone tell me exactly where ti install plugins on my mc s i can't find solution for prismatic

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”