Adalight with Prismatik (formerly Lightpack)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
timsat

Adalight with Prismatik (formerly Lightpack)

Post by timsat »

Hi, i'm one of the developers of Lightpack and we glad to introduce a new version of our software which is called now Prismatik, binaries is also available for download. Prismatik still cross-platform, open-source software and the new version has a lot of features and improvements which will be useful for Adalight users including increased LEDs count, improved Python scripting, grabbing from DirectX 10/11 applications and so on. Also we have beta version with extended DirectX grabbing which is expected to work with all of the DirectX applications. We've updated English version of our project, but wiki-documentation is still obsolete, we are working on translations. We would be glad if you try it with your Adalight device and we look forward to your questions, suggestions or any other feedback.

narfel

Re: Adalight with Prismatik (formerly Lightpack)

Post by narfel »

It doesn't capture anything in Unreal Tournament 99 with Dx10 renderer. :(

timsat

Post by timsat »

Did you have "dx10/11 capturing" checkbox enabled? It is on "Experimental" page, which is available in Expert mode (checkbox on Profiles page) :) We will enable it by default as soon as we are sure it works in 100% of DirectX applications, sorry for that. If it still doesn't work then it would be good to report an issue with logs attached.

update: are you sure UT 99 has Dx10 support?

narfel

Post by narfel »

Sure i did that, would be rude otherwise to report it not working if i didn't turn it on. ;) I'll check into where to find those logs.

There it is:
Prismatik.0.log
(33.16 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Tiyrell

Post by Tiyrell »

Is there a mac version of Prismatik as well?
I tried to download the old mac software from the google site but the .dmg is corrupted and cannot be extracted.
Hope you can say you got mac covered in this new version!

Thank for the great app

flash608

Post by flash608 »

Hi there. I can`t find the newer software that you`re talking. The newest soft is from 8.dec.2012

timsat

Post by timsat »

Tiyrell wrote:Is there a mac version of Prismatik as well?
I tried to download the old mac software from the google site but the .dmg is corrupted and cannot be extracted.
Yes it is, but we need to solve some problems with Mac version before.
Have you tried this version?

timsat

Post by timsat »

flash608 wrote:Hi there. I can`t find the newer software that you`re talking. The newest soft is from 8.dec.2012
That's right, there is no more recent version of the software, except that beta i mentioned in the topic, sorry.

timsat

Post by timsat »

narfel:
i've reported an issue, and i propose to continue there)
PS: it would be good if you attached Windows Events Log to the issue as well, and please tell us more about UT 99 with DirectX 10 support, as i know UT99 is very old, has anybody ported it to DX10?

narfel

Post by narfel »

Yes someone created a DX10 renderer for it: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

I have to look into that event log thing.

Tiyrell

Post by Tiyrell »

timsat wrote:
Tiyrell wrote:Is there a mac version of Prismatik as well?
Yes it is, but we need to solve some problems with Mac version before.
Have you tried this version?
I have tried that yes, but it cannot go beyond 50 leds and I have 75. Also, it has an annoying bug that constantly makes the "a" key turn off the lights. EVenthough I have setup a different key in the advanced settings.
I am willing to go with any version you have for me and test this out for you as well.

timsat

Post by timsat »

Tiyrell wrote:I have tried that yes, but it cannot go beyond 50 leds and I have 75. Also, it has an annoying bug that constantly makes the "a" key turn off the lights. EVenthough I have setup a different key in the advanced settings.
I am willing to go with any version you have for me and test this out for you as well.
Great, i'll inform you when we will have something to look at!
Thanks!

odin917

Post by odin917 »

does anyone have the "advanced calculator" for setting up the zones, the site link on the application is broken

thanks

narfel

Post by narfel »

Are there plans for OpenGL capture?

flash608

Post by flash608 »

timsat wrote:
flash608 wrote:Hi there. I can`t find the newer software that you`re talking. The newest soft is from 8.dec.2012
That's right, there is no more recent version of the software, except that beta i mentioned in the topic, sorry.
Is the beta version available for end users? When i click on the "beta version" it takes me to the last official version, not the beta one. I`d like to test the beta version if it is possible ;)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”