16x24 Red LED Matrix Panel - Chainable HT1632C Driver , AVR help

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinm1

16x24 Red LED Matrix Panel - Chainable HT1632C Driver , AVR help

Post by kevinm1 »

I just recently purchased three of the display panels to chain together. I am using an atmega32 and using avr. I know the given library is in c++ and for use with arduino. I know that the arduino and c++ languages are based on C. Thus, I have been trying to move the code given by adafruit to C in AVR. The changes I made were the following: I made two structs, one to handle the ht1632 class attributes and one to handle the ht1632LedMatrix class attributes. I did this to attempt to mimic the object behavior in the library.
In addition, for the pinMode() I simply wrote to the DDR and for digitalWrite() I wrote to the PORT. In my case I was using PORTB.
I am using my usart for something else thus, it is not available to me for the matrix display. I was wondering if anyone had implemented this in C or are there any suggestions to get my display to work. Like I said the code compiles but the display does not work when I run the matrixdemo provided.

Thank you for the help

kevinm1

Re: 16x24 Red LED Matrix Panel - Chainable HT1632C Driver , AVR help

Post by kevinm1 »

Here is what I have done so far.
Attachments
ledmatrixpanel.7z
Zip file for adaptation to c
(52.07 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

kevinm1

Re: 16x24 Red LED Matrix Panel - Chainable HT1632C Driver , AVR help

Post by kevinm1 »

I have still been working on this without success. However, I did find some mistakes and fixed them I had some silly mistakes setting and clearing specific bits. However, I fixed these and still has not worked. Once again I will attach the updated files of my project.
Attachments
ledmatrixpanel.7z
project files
(52.46 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”