Adafruit_TFTLCD: tftbmp example with SdFat beta

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ztik.nl

Adafruit_TFTLCD: tftbmp example with SdFat beta

Post by ztik.nl »

Hi again,

I have been working with the 2.8" TFT touchscreen, and I am enjoying it VERY much!

One of the drawbacks I encountered was that loading bmp images with the default example was quite slow, so I have been working on rewriting the example to use SdFat beta.
This library greatly enhances write/read speeds (at least for my Teensy 3.0 it does from 12 KB p/s to >1300 KB p/s) and enables high speed display of image files.

It took me quite a while to rewrite everything to a working example, so I thought I'd share it here in case anybody else is (planning to go/) going through the same steps I am.
tftbmp_SdFat.zip
rewrite of tftbmp example to SdFat
(3.57 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit_TFTLCD: tftbmp example with SdFat beta

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thanks for posting. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate faster display times on these screens. :D

ztik.nl

Post by ztik.nl »

No problem at all.
It's not like I had to change a lot, but it took me a while to figure it all out ;)

Thank you for the wonderful display, it works even better than I expected!

ztik.nl

Post by ztik.nl »

In case anybody wants to see it in action...

I made 2 youtube vids of my project so far, in the last upload (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YlzzCmshs) you can see the SdFat in action with your bmp example about 50 sec into the movie
The image loaded is Vaultboy, everything else is text and drawn lines/squares/triangles.

The first 50 sec. is a display of how the login system works, feel free to skip it :P

edit: how do/should I paste an URL under another name ? I seem that I don't understand the right syntax :x
[url:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YlzzCmshs]the last upload[/url]

jerware

Post by jerware »

Thank you so much for sharing this! The improved SRAM efficiency of SdFat over SD saved me a load of trouble. Cheers!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”