RGB LED pin assignments

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
indy

RGB LED pin assignments

Post by indy »

I recently purchased a bunch of RGB LEDs (#302) and am finding something odd. The data sheet linked from the product page (BL-L515RGBW-CA) has the pins defined as such:

--Flat Side--
Pin 4: Red
Pin 3: Anode/Cathode
Pin 2: Blue
Pin 1: Green

That is what I was wanting (expecting), I am swapping these in on a PCB that previously used another brand with the same pin assignments.

But when I test/use the ones from Adafruit I am seeing the Blue and Green swapped:

--Flat Side--
Pin 4: Red
Pin 3: Anode/Cathode
Pin 2: Green
Pin 1: Blue

Has anyone else seen this?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: RGB LED pin assignments

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It is possible out supplier sourced these from a different manufacturer. I'll look into it.

indy

Post by indy »

Thank you for looking into it.

If I"m looking at it correctly it appears the RGB LED in Adafruit's Eagle library matches the swapped order - so I'm beginning to think that this might be a case of having the wrong datasheet.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Oops yes it was the wrong datasheet, updated now, please check the product page!

DLG

Post by DLG »

I am runningg into the same problem originally reported by Indy. The green and blue pins ae reversed. Pin 1 is defined as green but is blue, pin 2 is defined as blue but is green.

Are you always sing the same supplier? When I go the BetLux website, their data sheet for the swame part number has a completely different pin arrangement. I need a reliable, constant pin out for installation into my system.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Right now we are using another supplier as our previous suppliers had a lot of lead time problems. I'll try to get a datasheet updated in the next couple days, all the LEDs in a pack are the same as they are pre-packed

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”