Lights Randomly Shutting Off (Arduino losing contact with ports)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NewYears1978

Re: Lights Randomly Shutting Off (Arduino losing contact with ports)

Post by NewYears1978 »

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and no problem on the patience thing. I don't think it is worth the hassle of sending back for store credit as I am not likely to need anything in the future, at least not for awhile. Honestly I would likely just purchase something I think I could resell to recoup some money (which we are hurting for right now, some changes at my wife's job has put us in a bind)

I appreciate the offer though I would have expected an actual refund or at least partial. I will attempt to sell them locally to someone else with a project or something, or maybe on ebay or craigslist.

Thanks

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Did I just misunderstand on the store credit thing as previously you stated a refund?

"I think we're all Officially Stumped™ by this one. Please email [email protected] with a link to this post, and we'll get a replacement Uno sent out.

Apologies for the long back-and-forth on this one, this is not typical. Adalight's pretty well battle-tested by now, and problems usually fall into a short list of known gremlins which we wanted to work through first.

Please keep us up to date whether the replacement board solves the issue. Hope so! If not, we can try some more troubleshooting ideas, or can simply issue a refund if you've reached your limit. I'm profusely sorry for the frustration, this really is an unprecedented situation."

Just thought I should double check, thanks!

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Oh! I did, didn't I? This puzzle's lingered so long, it slipped my mind. In that case, yes, let's make good on that...please email that same address with the same info, explain that you're due a refund, and we'll get that ball rolling. Thanks for your patience.

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

I really appreciate it, I will make sure that I am of course paying for the freight and not getting refunded for the other things I got such as the breadboard wires and the second arduino etc.

This helps us out financially and well gets my wife in a better mood. Hopefully when the stuff gets back they can find the fault?

Sending email, thanks again.

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Just wanted to say thanks to all the staff for helping and trying to sort the issue.

We worked out a reasonable refund, I kept some parts to try to make it more fair and they graciously agreed. They also issued the refund right away which was nice, not expected. Figured I would have to send the stuff back first.

Your company is wonderful and I will definitely recommend and use in the future.

I sent the parts back immediately all packaged up nicely just as I received them. According to the tracking it should be there next Thursday. (Texas to NY, long way hehe)

Thanks so much!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”