High Density Neopixel Strip Trouble

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
michengin08

High Density Neopixel Strip Trouble

Post by michengin08 »

Hello,

I received a strand of 144 pixel/m Neopixels today. They had two pieces joined together by solder joints. I tried hooking these up to some existing adafruit code I had that ran other neopixel products I have. The strand would not light up at all. I tried several variations of connections but followed the guide you provided. Thinking that maybe there was an issue I de-soldered the joint holding the two strands together. The de-soldered side works just fine. The first side of it still does not work, either on a digispark or a Teensy 3.0 controller.

Any tips or is it possible I have a faulty strand. I even tried soldering to the next pixel to bypass the first and it still did not work.

Thank for the help in advance!

pburgess

Re: High Density Neopixel Strip Trouble

Post by pburgess »

Hi there, most likely sounds like a short somewhere along the first half of the strip. Let's get that replaced. Please email [email protected], including your order number and a link to this thread, and we'll arrange for a new one.

michengin08

Re: High Density Neopixel Strip Trouble

Post by michengin08 »

Hey thanks for the reply. I have sent the email in. Thanks for the good service and excellent products and tutorials!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”