Small 32x32 RGB LED Matrix Panel (ID 607)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
biggles

Small 32x32 RGB LED Matrix Panel (ID 607)

Post by biggles »

Hmm, I've been a bit naughty.. Has anyone else tried to use the small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel (ID 607) instead of the large 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel supplied as part of the PIXEL Guts Kit (ID 1357)?

I have found that while the small panel will work (ok not blow up) it displays the wrong colors in mixed up blocks that scroll the wrong way...

I suspect the interconnection between the LED matrix shield and the matrix panel are not the same? Could some kind soul direct me to where I may find the pinout for the LED matrix shield and also for the small 32x32 matrix panel (there are no markings on the shield or the small matrix panel).

I may have been a bit previous in assuming I could just use the small display instead of the large one from the PIXEL guts kit. So large 32x32 matrix is ok, two small 32x32 matrices both display same mixed up output.

Any hints welcome. Thanks.

adafruit

Re: Small 32x32 RGB LED Matrix Panel (ID 607)

Post by adafruit »

unfortunately there's no 'standard' for pinouts and data-order transfer for these matrices
yeah, i know, you'd think they'd make them drop-in replacable! every factory has their own set way of doing it, the PIXEL uses a different setup, you may have to contact PIXEL's creator for advice on how to rearrange it. we have a tutorial with pinout details for the little matrix linked off the product, and our working arduino code. all other documentation we have, is on the site (we don't have a lot)

hiduino

Post by hiduino »

Interestingly I have both the small and medium 32x32 RGB Matrix panels and they work exactly the same for me. They both have the same pinouts.

biggles

Post by biggles »

Yes, my fault. Should have read the instructions before assuming the 32x32 matrix supplied with the PIXEL Guts Kit used the same pinout as the small 32x32 matrix... That'll teach me. Using the arduino as per Adafruit's instructions it all works perfectly. My fault for trying to substitute sizewise...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”