El Wire inverter configurations

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sonicboom

El Wire inverter configurations

Post by sonicboom »

Hi, I'm planning on purchasing 39" of el-wire tape, 96" * 4 of el-wire multiple colors, 1 x 10cm x 10cm el panel, 1 20cm x 15cm el panel.

The panels and tape will be on/off. I'd like the el-wire to be sound activated and all powered by battery. Can you tell me what the best product configuration is to minimize inverters, but provide plenty o' juice? I saw some splitters which would probably be nice if I can get a big enough inverter to drive things.

Thanks -M<

adafruit_support_bill

Re: El Wire inverter configurations

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The biggest inverter is the one that comes with the large EL panel. Unfortunately, we do not have them available separately.

A couple of our 12v brick inverters would be sufficient to drive the 10x10 panel and the tape.

Our sound activated inverters will power 7-10 ft of wire each. So you would need one for each of your 96" wire segments. These are available in 6v or 12v versions. You would probably want to go with the 12v version to be compatible with the tape and panel inverters: http://www.adafruit.com/products/832

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”