Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel + LED Video Wall Controller

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alm

Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel + LED Video Wall Controller

Post by alm »

Hi,

so I purchased this controller kit http://www.adafruit.com/products/1453
and four of these panels: http://www.adafruit.com/products/607

are those compatible at all? Is anybody tried and make them work together?

I connected one panel to the Arduino and it works beautifully, but with this video wall controller kit it shows mostly garbage and "intelligent setup" feature fails most of the time. Sometimes it kinda does work and panel start showing part of my computer screen, but there's always missing lines and when I click "send it to receiver" it start showing garbage again.

Any ideas, suggestions, any information would be much appreciated. Thank you!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel + LED Video Wall Contro

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sounds like a wiring issue. The wall controller is programmed for the 16X32 matrix. How did you adapt it for 32X32?

alm

Re: Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel + LED Video Wall Contro

Post by alm »

I installed LED Studio and tried running Intelligent Setup. Is there other way? Read their User Manual (worst manual I ever read by the way) and tried to follow all the steps. It shows me all white and all black panel, then lighter/darker, then all red, blue, green and black. Then when I supposed to see several white lines separated by black ones, it either doesn't show anything at all or bunch of lines flashing, and line in the middle shows gradient. Next step when you supposed to select flashing pixel, it either doesn't show anything, or bunch of pixels seat flashing. Totally random unexpected behavior every time I run this setup.

What could be the problem with wiring? Matrix is connected to the receiver via IDC cable.

I was wondering if you could connect one single Small 32x32 LED matrix to the receiver, configure it (receiver) and post the configuration file here? So I at least could start with that?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”