Adafruit ID:910 NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5" Dia

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BrockTech

Adafruit ID:910 NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5" Dia

Post by BrockTech »

ID: 910 NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5" Diagonal LCD
Invoice Number 382526
Purchase Date:Tuesday Nov 26th 2013

Purchased the 910 1.5" LCD to make a small TV from it. the unit appears to be in solid shape when it arrived. I purchased a 9v battery snap connector from RadioShack and a project box. I also purchased a rocker switch and an RCA bulkhead jack. I assembled the unit in the box with the 9v gnd from the snap connector to the black wire on the LCD harness. the red wire from the snap goes to the rocker switch and the red wire from the lcd harness goes to the rocker switch. this is a very simple straight forward setup.

With that being said the LCD will not turn on. I have checked the voltage on the battery. 9.7V I have checked continuity of the rocker switch. I have checked on the LCD board that the 9.7V is actually getting to the pins on the board (at the board) and confirmed the rocket switch turns on and off the unit. no documentation on the unit came with the unit. I looked at the board to confirm voltages as well as the tech specs on the website. I am within voltage specs and cannot figure out why it will not turn on. I have also pressed the button in the back with power from the rocker switch on with no change in result and I have also pressed and held in the button with no change.

I believe the unit is not functioning and with it being so new would like to request that a replacement unit be sent out.

I have wired up the other 3" unit we received the same way and have that working fine.

Thank you for your help on this issue.

v/r,
Keith Brock

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Adafruit ID:910 NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 1.5"

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement

BrockTech

Post by BrockTech »

Thank you for your help and prompt reply.!!!

v/r
Keith Brock

BrockTech

Post by BrockTech »

I just wanted to say that they solved my issues, fast and without headache. Great customer service. Thank you! I would do business with them again in the future based on my first experience with them alone! Well done Adafruit!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Thanks! :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”