item1379 rgbs working on Larson scanner

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gdgarced

item1379 rgbs working on Larson scanner

Post by gdgarced »

Im working on my version for my pet, I have the hat, I made the glasses and I have these RGBs and I want to know if I solder wires to these and create a chain of them to put on the glasses can I use your trinket to program the lights with your code? I could use the strip but these would allow me to keep my lights very lightweight on my pet's glasses since he is tiny. I have 30 gouge wire. Check him out, I used a cover from my house's smoke detector and sprayed painted it in red. The cover was trash but I kept seeing a hat so I saved it, im glad I did.
Attachments
20131221_001153.jpg
20131221_001153.jpg (699.16 KiB) Viewed 243 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: item1379 rgbs working on Larson scanner

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Is this the product you are referring to" http://www.adafruit.com/product/1397
These are not RGB and are not individually controllable. They are either all-on or all-off.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

Hi, no those are not the ones, these are http://www.adafruit.com/products/1379

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

You might find these a little easier to work with:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1612
Same addressible LED, but with a small breakout board to simplify soldering.

A short length of NeoPixel strip really isn't that heavy though, and saves a whole lot of soldering nuisance.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

Thanks pBurgees for the advise. I know that the strip without the cover is light but, the LEDs are farther apart than i want and i would have to get the strip with the 144 LEDs if i want them closer so, i thought i would solder wires to theses since they are tiny, I have done it with your brite white LEDs, By the way, I have theses LEDs that you gave me a link to, but again they will be too far apart once i add the wires, that being said, can i use your larson scanner code if i solder wires to each of theses LEDs,? I just want to experiment.

I think ill also try a piece of the neo pixel strip to see which one looks better, but i have the 60 on a strip. Im only using 7 LEDs on the strip for my pet's glasses, can i still use the trinket for just 7 LEDs? Also, can i still use the code if i do this with the LEDs items 1379? I want to experiment with those those that you sent me the link too. By the way, in the picture with the trinket, why do i have to add the battery wires in the middle, can't I add them closer to the end of the strip like they have the Gemma?
Last edited by gdgarced on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

i deleted this and added to question above. Don't know how to delete part of post without deleting the whole post. sorry.
Last edited by gdgarced on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gdgarced

Post by gdgarced »

oops

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”