adafruit 8x8 neomatrix code issues

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
13andrew

adafruit 8x8 neomatrix code issues

Post by 13andrew »

i am loading test code and getting this error help??

Code: Select all

In file included from matrixtest.pde:4:
F:\arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoMatrix/Adafruit_NeoMatrix.h:65: error: expected class-name before ',' token
matrixtest.pde: In function 'void setup()':
matrixtest:53: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'setTextWrap'
matrixtest:55: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'setTextColor'
matrixtest.pde: At global scope:
matrixtest:58: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'width'
matrixtest.pde: In function 'void loop()':
matrixtest:63: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'setCursor'
matrixtest:64: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'print'
matrixtest:66: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'width'
matrixtest:68: error: 'class Adafruit_NeoMatrix' has no member named 'setTextColor'

adafruit_support_mike

Re: adafruit 8x8 neomatrix code issues

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It looks like you haven't installed the Adafruit_GFX library: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library

13andrew

Post by 13andrew »

ohhhhhh i only had the gfx on my older version of arduino (for my 16x32 robot bug)

questionNeoMatrix

Post by questionNeoMatrix »

The same thing but i have downloaded both NeoMatrix and GFX library and every time i run the sample code(matrixtest), it says Error Compiling and list the errors.(errors given are below). Any Ideas?
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In constructor 'RobotControl::RobotControl()':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'LCD_CS' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'DC_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'RST_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In member function 'void RobotControl::begin()':
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXA' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXB' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXC' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:19: error: 'MUX_IN' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:22: error: 'BUZZ' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:25: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

This is a problem with the Arduino 1.0.5 IDE (which includes an older version of Adafruit_GFX). Workarounds include:

- Downgrade to Arduino 1.0.4 for the time being (it'll be fixed in a later release)
- Delete the 'Robot_Control' folder from C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”