Ambibox + XBMC

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
flegge

Ambibox + XBMC

Post by flegge »

When I installed Ambibox in my XBMC (Windows7) the 'subtitle-add-on' stooped working.
When I try to download (from within XBMC) a subtitle to eg. movie/TV-serie it just returns to the video-display mode.
If I "exit" the Ambibox everything works ok.
any suggestion most appreciated
another question, what's the differences using the 'XBMC direct' towards 'screen capture' modes in Ambibox ?
My setup:
Windows 7 enterprise (64 bit)
XBMC 12.0
Ambibox 2.1.4
Paintpack (for the LED`s)

/Flegge

KenV99

Re: Ambibox + XBMC

Post by KenV99 »

flegge wrote:When I installed Ambibox in my XBMC (Windows7) the 'subtitle-add-on' stooped working.
When I try to download (from within XBMC) a subtitle to eg. movie/TV-serie it just returns to the video-display mode.
If I "exit" the Ambibox everything works ok.
any suggestion most appreciated
another question, what's the differences using the 'XBMC direct' towards 'screen capture' modes in Ambibox ?
My setup:
Windows 7 enterprise (64 bit)
XBMC 12.0
Ambibox 2.1.4
Paintpack (for the LED`s)

/Flegge
Regarding your subtitle woes, can you post a link to your XBMC log (located in the Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC directory)?
When you say 'exit' Ambibox, you mean that you shutdown the app from the system tray?
Does this issue with the subtitles occur regardless of which capture mode you are using?
You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling which ever add-on you are using for subtitles in the meantime.

XBMC direct attempts to capture screen data from directly within the XBMC application while the others capture the screen either through DirectDraw, GDI or PlayClaw. XBMC will not capture if you are using an external player such as MPC-HC.

flegge

Re: Ambibox + XBMC

Post by flegge »

I upgraded XBMC to 12.3 and then it start working as supposed
so everything is ok.
Thanks anyhow.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”