Bicolor 8x8 is not programmming

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
us3rname

Bicolor 8x8 is not programmming

Post by us3rname »

Heyd
i have recently bought an Adafruit 8x8 Bicolor IC² Matrix and I am starting to despair. I am triing for days not to find the Problem, which is very hard cuse I am not such a professional coder ... :cry:

F:\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack\Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_8x8matrix::Adafruit_8x8matrix()':
F:\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack\Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp:97: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int, int)'
F:\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
F:\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()
F:\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack\Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_BicolorMatrix::Adafruit_BicolorMatrix()':
F:\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_LEDBackpack\Adafruit_LEDBackpack.cpp:133: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int, int)'
F:\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
F:\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control/Adafruit_GFX.h:41: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()

Also not I am German so excuse my misspelling .... :D

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Bicolor 8x8 is not programmming

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It looks like you didn't install the Adafruit_GFX library: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library

The code for the LED matrix uses the GFX library, so you need both.

us3rname

Post by us3rname »

No :| that dosnt fixed it .. i have reinstalld it and it is all the same
Attachments
Added a Pic
Added a Pic
problem.PNG (239.35 KiB) Viewed 396 times

adafruit_support_mike

Oh.. you're getting hit by the 'robot problem'.

The folks who make the Arduino created a robot platform and built support for it into the IDE. Trouble is, it uses an older version of the Adafruit_GFX library to handle the robot's display hardware, and the IDE sees that version of the library first.

You can solve it by deleting any file whose name contains 'Adafruit' from the Arduino IDE's Java/libraries/Robot_Control and Java/libraries/TFT folder, or downgrading to 1.0.4.

us3rname

Post by us3rname »

at least it is an othger error now :|
Attachments
error
error
Unbenannt.PNG (28.51 KiB) Viewed 379 times

adafruit_support_mike

That says you don't have the Adafruit_LEDBackpack library.

This tutorial has instructions for using the bicolor matrix: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-led- ... 8x8-matrix

Work through the steps there, and see if that works.

us3rname

Post by us3rname »

Thank you so mutch :D all is working
Attachments
Jey.PNG
Jey.PNG (1.56 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”