ePaper running with Mega 2560

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chrisinsingapore2011

ePaper running with Mega 2560

Post by chrisinsingapore2011 »

Hi,

I'm not sure if glowy things is the right forum for epaper questions but I will try here. I have a new 2.0" epaper and mega 2560 from Adafruit. I upgraded from the Uno because I wanted to run the thermo sketch. I have configured it and wired it all as required, but it does not display anything unless I do this (discovered after long sessions of double checking everything, especially the wiring): if I pull out the yellow (d52) and purple (d50) wires from the mega, and just rest them on the terminal headers, I get a perfect temperature readout with the graph animation as expected of the sketch. If i push them in all the way, the screen is black with some noise (i.e. not all are black, there are small speckles of white). I haven't yet isolated it to either yellow or purple, maybe it is only one of them causing the problem It's like there is not enough resistance (like how you generally need the 4.7k resistor on the SDC and SCL line of the I2C), or maybe my fingers are adding some capacitance, or who knows what. I haven't run a scope to see the quality of the comms lines yet (my analog leads haven't yet arrived). Has anyone run into this type of problem before? Anyone got suggestions on what to try?

Thanks
Chris

chrisinsingapore2011

Re: ePaper running with Mega 2560

Post by chrisinsingapore2011 »

(this time subscribing to replies)

adafruit_support_bill

Re: ePaper running with Mega 2560

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Have not heard of any problems like that with the RePaper displays. You might want to check with the folks at RePaper. (They will want to know the serial number and some details about your system) Let us know what they say and we can replace it if necessary. http://repaper.org/contact.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”