1.8" TFT RobotControl Errors

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
saxonpaul92

1.8" TFT RobotControl Errors

Post by saxonpaul92 »

Greetings,

I received my 1.8" TFT display breakout and have been following the instructions in the adafruit tutorial.

I am using Arduino Uno 1.0.5
Installed Adafruit GFX library and the Adafruit ST7735 library.
Loaded the rotationtest example from the ST7735 example files.
changed the pin assignments to match the basic setup.

#define sclk 4
#define mosi 5
#define cs 6
#define dc 7
#define rst 8

When I compile, I get the following errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In constructor 'RobotControl::RobotControl()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'LCD_CS' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'DC_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'RST_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In member function 'void RobotControl::begin()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXA' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXB' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXC' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:19: error: 'MUX_IN' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:22: error: 'BUZZ' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:25: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

I read where there may be a bug in Arduino 1.0.5 in that the Robot Control is seen as a board.

I have a few questions.

1. Is there a work-around if indeed this is a bug?
2. Where in the code is the Robot Control called out?
3. How do I get the 1.8" display to display. Currently I only have backlight.
4. I would like to get anything to display so, is there some basic code that will display "hello world" on the display?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 1.8" TFT RobotControl Errors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I am using Arduino Uno 1.0.5
This is a known bug in 1.0.5. There are two known workarounds:

1 - remove all the RobotControl folders from your 1.0.5 IDE install.
2 - Use 1.0.4 instead.

The second option is easier and recommended unless you need some specific feature from the 1.0.5 release.

saxonpaul92

Re: 1.8" TFT RobotControl Errors

Post by saxonpaul92 »

I found another workaround...
1. Comment out the ST7735.h and Adafruit_GFX.h libraries.
2. Add the Arduino TFT.h library.

All worked well.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”