Firewalker LED Sneakers

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lainie22

Firewalker LED Sneakers

Post by Lainie22 »

Hello, I am new to all of this and i wanted to basically challenge myself to a craft. So I purchased all of the necessary products to create the Firewalker LED Sneakers. I received the 2m Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Weatherproof Strip 60 LED -1m. But I was assuming that it would come with two separate 1m strips as opposed to the 2m long single strip i have received. How do I go about setting this up and creating two separate strips? Because i still need the wires that are attached to the end to connect to my memory board. I am just looking for some insight and help and was wondering if i need to return the product so i can receive two separate 1m strips or can i somehow cut this 2m strip in half and create a wire to connect? Please help! :) Thank you!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Firewalker LED Sneakers

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You can cut the strips at any of the indicated locations between the solder pads (labeled GND, DIN/DOUT, +5v)
Just solder new wires to the DIN side of the cut strip.

Lainie22

Post by Lainie22 »

Okay thank you. The thing is though do i have to purchase wires? just because I purchased the 2m strip with the intent of getting two seperate 1m strips. i was not aware that it will come together.

adafruit_support_bill

Not all strips come with wires attached. We cut these from 4 meter reels. If you are lucky enough to get one from the start of the reel, it will have wires attached. Strips from the middle of the reel do not have wires.

Lainie22

Post by Lainie22 »

do i need the wires to make the sneakers though?

adafruit_support_bill

Yes. You will need some wire to connect these. 20-22 gauge Stranded hookup wire would be best.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”