Libraries won't compile

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
whitehorsehawk

Libraries won't compile

Post by whitehorsehawk »

GraphicsTest.PDE, RotationTest.PDE, TFTBMP.PDE, and TFTPaint.PDE all give me the same compile time error, as follows:

…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_TFTLCD::Adafruit_TFTLCD(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp:93: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()'
…Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.h:17: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int16_t, int16_t)
…Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.h:13: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp: In constructor 'Adafruit_TFTLCD::Adafruit_TFTLCD()':
…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp:131: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()'
…Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.h:17: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int16_t, int16_t)
…Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.h:13: note: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp: In member function 'void Adafruit_TFTLCD::begin(uint16_t)':
…Adafruit_TFTLCD\Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp:284: error: 'constructor' was not declared in this scope

Any ideas?

pburgess

Re: Libraries won't compile

Post by pburgess »

A couple of options:

1. Download Arduino IDE version 1.0.4. Or you can get all experimental and try the latest 1.5.X version.

2. Stick with 1.0.5 but download and install Adafruit_GFX from github and delete or otherwise disable the Robot_Control library that's bundled with the Arduino IDE.

1.0.5 included an older version of Adafruit_GFX (within the Robot_Control package) that's not on speaking terms with our current hardware-specific display device libraries.

whitehorsehawk

Re: Libraries won't compile

Post by whitehorsehawk »

I used the Arduino IDE 1.0.5 and move Robot_Control out of the libraries folder. It now compiles and uploads.

Nothing on screen yet, but I will double and triple check my connections. Thanks so much for the help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”