16x32 RGB LED Matrix Panel Library Questions

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
LucidMomentum

Re: 16x32 RGB LED Matrix Panel Library Questions

Post by LucidMomentum »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me!
I wanted to post an update: one of my friends had a spare MEGA lying around and let me borrow it, so I tested it out and it works with both single and double buffering. So it was a RAM issue earlier. Thanks again!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Cool

rbonari

Post by rbonari »

I am looking to do something similar but instead of using up ram with messages that are selected randomly I want To use a pushbutton switch attached to the Arduino. It could be hooked up via an interrupt or polled. Each button press would increment a software counter from 0-3. Depending on what number is selected would determine what message would be displayed. The idea is depending on what number is selected the default string would be overwritten with the new string selection. This way only one string is actually stored depending on the button pushes. This method should save on memory while still allowing double buffering. However I am not sure where to put the button code and message selection code in the existing matrix demo program. Any help would be appreciated.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”