waterproof on/off switch wiring

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
matthewn2

waterproof on/off switch wiring

Post by matthewn2 »

Hi, I am using the Blue LED waterproof metal on/off switch, i will be using this to power my LED lights on my motorcycle. I wired a 1/2 470 OHM resistor. I hooked it up to the bike lights and i found that half of my LED's are powered up, and the switch does not work. What would be the correct wiring schematic that i need? I think that i have the resistor that is built in with connected to my lights which would be causing the low power to my lights. Please help thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: waterproof on/off switch wiring

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Can't really say what the correct wiring is without knowing what kind of LEDs you are using.

The internal resistance is for the internal LED only . It is not part of the switching circuit. The Common, NO and NC terminals are connected to the middle three solder lugs. See the diagram here: https://www.adafruit.com/products/481

matthewn2

Post by matthewn2 »

Its a set of 8 one inch diameter pucks with 5 LEDs in them. If I wire the switch with the internal resistor that could explain why my lights are not working to their full capacity. I just do not know which prong is which. I see the diagram but I cannot seem to get the led on the switch to stay lit when I shut off the switch. I moved my resistor to (if you l

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post a diagram or photo of how you have it hooked up.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”