SSD1306_sample code -- compile errors

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cbrucewarren

SSD1306_sample code -- compile errors

Post by cbrucewarren »

I just received my SSD1306 ( 128x32) OLED display and have a problem.

1) i modified the adafruit.ssd1306.h file to define the 128x32 display ( any other changes to be made??)
2) when i compile I get a host of compile errors, all referencing a ArduinoRobot.cpp that I don't have. the path shown on the error message doesn't exist on my computer. [ file attached]

Any suggestions??
Attachments
adafruit_test_oled.tiff
adafruit_test_oled.tiff (169.78 KiB) Viewed 279 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: SSD1306_sample code -- compile errors

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Are you using Arduino 1.0.5? There is a bug in that version of the IDE that tries to link in the RobotControl libraries for no apparent reason. The simplest workaround is to use 1.0.4 instead. Another approach is to go into your 1.0.5 install and delete the RobotControl folders.

cbrucewarren

Post by cbrucewarren »

I do have 1.05.
I tried to find the robot library, but when I search my MAC for that file, nothing shows up; are they 'imbedded' in the IDE; if so , how do i access them?

Thanks.

adafruit_support_bill

The RobotControl folder should be in the Libraries folder inside the Arduino 1.0.5 installl folder.

cbrucewarren

Post by cbrucewarren »

Ah, therein lies the mystery!
I am running on a iMAC and offer the following:

1) Arduino.app is in an applications folder, no subfolders or libraries
2) I have folder called "my sketches" where all of my sketches are;
3) under "my sketches" there is a folder called "libraries"
4) In the folder "libraries" are all of the libriaries that I have imported/added. None of the 'standard' libraries, are there. By that I mean when I am in the Arduino IDE and I go to "Import libary" there is a menu showing a list of libraries ( the standard/installationlibaries?) and then a line with header "contributed" , showing all of the libraries that I've added.
5) it is obvious that the standard libraries are there, but when I search my MAC for any of them, nothing is found.

So, Questions:
A: on a mac installation do the standard libraries get 'hidden' somehow?
B: recall from the screen shot on my original posting, that the compile error was showing a strange path, i.e. a sub-folder under "arduino.app", but there is no such path on the HD...does this mean this is some sort of pseudo-path created with the Arduino environment??

Very strange to me, but that may be due to being a newbie to Arduino ( not to programming).

Thanks in advance,

adafruit_support_bill

on a mac installation do the standard libraries get 'hidden' somehow?
I'm only a part-time Mac user. I'm going to refer this to some of the mac experts.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Yes, the libraries are sort of hidden. They live in the Arduino application package.

The Mac OS added an interesting variant to the standard unix filesystem: Not only does it have files, directories, and links, it also has a special kind of directory that gets treated as an atomic unit: the application package.

To find the libraries, control-click the Arduino application icon and select "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu. Then drill down through Contents -> Resources -> Java to reach the general and hardware-specific libraries.

cbrucewarren

Post by cbrucewarren »

perfect!...thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”