Qulia Board Support

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rawliquid

Re: Qulia Board Support

Post by rawliquid »

Sure thing, I'll add them shortly.
If there is anything to check via the test points, I have a tpi440 scopemeter, and a Rigol 1052E oscilloscope, just let me know what you want where and what to look for or I can try to give you a capture.

When I went to hook this up I happened to notice what looks like a solder bridge on the dp connector, I took a few photos with different light positions. as for LED's the only light that comes on is the power led, solid green.

another question I had, do I have it connected right? contacts up everything comes on it just doesn't work. contacts down I get nothing...

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

If you are getting the LCD recognized on the mac side, the displayport part works
if you see the backlight, the backlight driver part works
so only thing remaining is maybe the 3V logic part? again, not sure yet.

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

did you still want a picture of the board with the led lit up?

I never got a response to which way the contacts should be facing for the lcd, towards or away from the board? I did a few searches but didn't turn any info up on it...

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

https://www.adafruit.com/images/1200x900/1652-05.jpg
like this
yes another photo with the board on would help!

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

Thanks, looks like I do have that correct, added pics 25-28 to the previously posted dropbox....

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

OK hmm can you give me a screenshot showing the monitor as it is 'recognized' by the mac? or is it not recognized? its in the control panel Displays thingy

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

I just added the screen shot from my pc showing it as detected, I've managed to lose my mini to regular cable but I will dig around and add that once I find it.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

OK we have a MANUALLY tested board. If it doesn't work for you, its something else. email support@adafruit attn: PHIL and request the M Qualia board and a return label. Depending on what your results are you may return 1 or both!

The fab & QC team would like to take this moment to mention that the FPC connector is INSANELY delicate and is VERY easy to crack, which could cause the kind of results you're seeing - where some of the data pins do not make contact with the connector! :(

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

I believe I located the problem, and I have no idea what your talking about, I've connected and disconnected the lcd between each set of pictures so that's what half a dozen times just for pictures? ;-)
Anyways, I took a few macro pictures of the connector to be sure it was in good shape, and decided since I had the macro lens out, I would revisit one of the photos I uploaded and asked about. If you open up the last photo edited version you will see where exactly to look, then switch to the full res unedited one and check it out for yourself...

So the question now is, what are pins 7 & 8 counting from the right side, looking at the back of the displayport connector?
If one of them is the clock line, I could see it having such an effect. If however it is two of the color lines, I wouldn't expect what I'm getting.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Could be! Please try the manually-tested replacement, and let us know how that works.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”