Qulia Board Support

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
OfficeNinja

Qulia Board Support

Post by OfficeNinja »

I purchased a Qualia board last week and I was stoked to get an iPad screen working externally, but I haven't had much luck. After I connect the board to the screen I get power to the LED's but I do not get a picture. (I purchased the recommended 9v plug).

Things I have tried:

I tried connecting to my Displayport on my graphics card (Windows 8.1) and a 2010 Mac Mini - nothing

I thought it might be a broken LCD so I ordered another one; same thing, get power to LED's but no display

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get it working. Thanks!
Attachments
20140620_135200_resized.jpg
20140620_135200_resized.jpg (870.88 KiB) Viewed 507 times
20140620_135045_resized.jpg
20140620_135045_resized.jpg (899.91 KiB) Viewed 507 times

adafruit2

Re: Qulia Board Support

Post by adafruit2 »

We test each board with a macbook Air and a ipad3 screen. When we sell the kits, the board comes with a display still attached right after test. Maybe its your cable? for the Air we use, it just comes up immediately. Remember you cannot use an HDMI to DisplayPort connector. Also, not all Thunderbolt is displayport compatible!!! See if you can try a recent mac

OfficeNinja

Post by OfficeNinja »

adafruit2 wrote:We test each board with a macbook Air and a ipad3 screen. When we sell the kits, the board comes with a display still attached right after test. Maybe its your cable? for the Air we use, it just comes up immediately. Remember you cannot use an HDMI to DisplayPort connector. Also, not all Thunderbolt is displayport compatible!!! See if you can try a recent mac
I tested it with my work computer (with a different Displayport cord, and only display port; not an HDMI converter or mini converter) with the same result. I then tried it on my friends Mac Pro with the same result, power to LED's but no display.

I feel I've tried everything I could to try to get it to work, perhaps it was damaged in shipping? Would it be possible to get it exchanged for another one? Thank you

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

I must say, I'm almost relieved to find that someone else has had the same thing I'm running into...Then I realized that the post is only 15 days old.....:-\
I noticed that I do see the board show up as an apple lcd, but for whatever reason I get no image. I'm entirely at a loss having tried connecting it to both a macbook pro and my windows 8.1 machine. Has any resolution on this been found?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Are you using a 'raw board' or a full Qualia kit?

OfficeNinja

Post by OfficeNinja »

Thank you for the refund. My issue is now resolved, I think the item was damaged in shipping. Thank you
Last edited by OfficeNinja on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

OfficeNinja - we apologize for the delay. We are still trying to determine what happened to your driver board - we could not reproduce the issue here so its not clear if it was damaged after test. We have issued you a refund.

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

I ordered the raw board, when I turn it on it starts out all one color then has a strange thing happen that is somewhat remeniscent of those 'melting screen' screen savers...The corners invert the color moving towards the center. Not sure how long it would continue as I shut it down to do the search on here...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

we've not seen that with any of the screens we supply and test with.

OfficeNinja

Post by OfficeNinja »

RawLiquid wrote:I ordered the raw board, when I turn it on it starts out all one color then has a strange thing happen that is somewhat remeniscent of those 'melting screen' screen savers...The corners invert the color moving towards the center. Not sure how long it would continue as I shut it down to do the search on here...
I had a similar issue with mine. After plugging it in it was all black, then all white. Then it was purple with lines in it. I tried different screens with it but no luck.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

What is unusual is the data is passed thru directly from the DP port to the FPC connector. There's nothing in between and the backlight would be off if the power supply was not working...We'll retest all the boards in house again

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

What might be the easiest way for me to show you exactly what I'm doing? I have an android phone with skype, an iPhone with facetime, or I can set up my nikon looking straight down, or even my gopro...

I'd like to verify it isn't something I am or am not doing.
The only assumption I have made is that a replacement ipad3/4 screen is just that, and that any differences should be insignificant, especially with the pinout.
I can say that looking at the photo for your screen, they look exactly the same, just mine came from a local shop rather than trusting the USPS with it...

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

A bunch of clear photos would be great!

rawliquid

Post by rawliquid »

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

OK - can you also post a photo of what the board looks like when its powered on, Display-ported, all cables etc. like so we can see any LEDs, cables, etc? thanks!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”