10.1" display

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ajventures

10.1" display

Post by ajventures »

I recently purchased a 10.1" HDMI display. I went to power up the display after mounting it and nothing came on. I am powering it with a 20000mAh battery pack and was testing the display with a computer video out. I tried hitting all the buttons on the control board and still nothing is showing up.

Can anyone help. I think it may be a faulty board/display.

Franklin97355

Re: 10.1" display

Post by Franklin97355 »

WOW, a 20 amp battery pack! Could you post clear pictures of your display and the connections to it? When you hook it up does anything happen at all?

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

I wired the power to the power plug and hooked a computer to the HDMI port. I would like to note the computer recognized the display as an adafruit display and adjusted the computers resolution to mirror the screen image. However, when I plug in the display I do not see anything on the 10.1" screen. The LED on the control button does turn green and when I hit the PWR button it turns red for an instant and back to green.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Did it work before you mounted it in the box?

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

I got really anxious to get the whole video feed controller working that I did not check it before hand (I really wish I had!)

Do you think it is LCD or controller or both?

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Hard to say. Sounds as if the interface is at least working. Check for broken wires to the screen, and that the screen is plugged in correctly.

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

I checked all the connections and everything is connected - no broken solder . There weren't any frayed wires or anything else out of the ordinary. Would it be possible to get a replacement.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Hmm - we do test every 10.1" display setup before shipping. If it doesn't show up at least a bluescreen it means there's a power issue or display issue. Please power it with a 9VDC wall adapter, rather than a 5V power bank. We haven't tested these displays & drivers with power banks, and their voltage can droop quite a bit.

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

The specs say it work with 12VDC which I was using. I will try with a wall adapter and see if anything changes.

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

I do not see anything on the display so one of those must be the problem.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

OK we can replace it but please do testing *before* you mount it. the mounting part may have damaged it somehow, there's no way to tell! email [email protected] with a link ot this thread

AJdoodler

Post by AJdoodler »

Thank you for your help, it was stupid of me not to test it prior to mounting. Thanks for all the troubleshooting support!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”