Adafruit 16x2 LCD Plate-No text or squares is showing!?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
martinlt98

Adafruit 16x2 LCD Plate-No text or squares is showing!?

Post by martinlt98 »

Hi, yesterday I finished my Adafruit LCD Plate and when I plugged it in and run the LCDtest.py the backlight turns on and off (I don't have a multicolored one) and then it says I should try out the buttons (on the computer display, not the lcd), as soon as I touch the LCD Plate the program is cancelled and it says "Input/Output error" for some reason and when I check i2cdetect -y 1 there's nothing connected, but when y touch the Plate again and do i2cdetect again I can see that it's connected. Earlier I could press the buttons and it showed which button I pressed. Although, when the program runs nothing is showed on the LCD, I've tried to adjust the contrast but nothing happens, I can't even see the big dark squares

What is the problem, could it have something to do with the soldering? It was my first soldering so that might be the problem, I have no clue.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit 16x2 LCD Plate-No text or squares is showing!?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It sounds like you have an intermittent connection somewhere. Most likely it is a soldering problem. If you post clear photos of the front and back of the board we will take a look.

martinlt98

Post by martinlt98 »

Ok, I don't need more help because if you think it's a soldering problem then it probably is, as I know that the solderings are'nt that great!
Thank you for your quick answer! You can now delete this thread! :-)

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

if you think it's a soldering problem then it probably is, as I know that the solderings are'nt that great!
You may find this guide helpful: http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-guid ... n-problems

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”