Error with the digital driver the Aa

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Reisperbachtal

Error with the digital driver the Aa

Post by Reisperbachtal »

I´ve bought a Adafruit Serial Backpack Kit last weekt, but I´m having troubles installing the driver. There´s alsways an error, because the digital signature of the driver is wrong. I´m using Windows 8.1 Pro in a domain-network.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Error with the digital driver the Aa

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

What exactly is the error message you are seeing?

Reisperbachtal

Post by Reisperbachtal »

I made a screenshot of the error and translated it, because the language of my computer is german.
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (37.6 KiB) Viewed 295 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Oh! we have not signed that driver yet. We'll get on it. For now you'll need to turn off driver signing in windows 8. Bill, can you help with that?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There is a startup setting for Windows 8 that disables enforcement of driver signing. This lets you run with unsigned drivers.

This tutorial takes you through it step-by-step: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to- ... d-drivers/

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Reisper - hey we tried signing the drivers - can you try this and let us know if it works??

https://learn.adafruit.com/usb-plus-ser ... /downloads

Thank you :)

Reisperbachtal

Post by Reisperbachtal »

I'm going to try the new driver, but unfortunatly I'm in Paris on vacation right now, and because of that, I don't have access to a PC. I only have my Windows Tablet with me, but on this, I deactivatet the driver checking using the guide you posted. I tried reactivating the driver checking, but this didn't worked. However, I'm going to try the new driver on my second PC, on which the driver checking is still activated, when I'm back home on the 26th of July.

Reisperbachtal

Post by Reisperbachtal »

Hey Adafruit, I just had another idea. I deinstalled the old driver via the device-manager, disconnected the screen and gave my tablet a reboot. Then, I tried reinstalling the old UNSIGNED driver, and as I thought, Windows warns me and asks me, if I really want to install an unsigned driver. I aborted this installation and downloaded the new beta driver (the SIGNED one) and gave it a try. And no warning appeared. So, it seems like the driver is correctly signed now. However, because of doing this with a windows installation, on which the driver-checking is deactivated, I´m not quite sure if it would work on an „untouched“ installation.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

Thanks - it sounds like it worked for you which is a good sign! We'll test more :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”