1.8" TFT characters refresh

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spresv

1.8" TFT characters refresh

Post by spresv »

Hello

Before i post, i've searched on the forum and other people had the same problem as me, but as far as i got, no solution.

I set up a 1.8" adafruit tft display on a arduino uno, it's intended as a multi-gauge (pressure, temperature etc). The problem is that characters overwrite themselves, as far as i understand that has to do with the native background color and the way the code writes pixels. After a couple of seconds, each character becomes unreadable, and if you try to fill the screen or draw a rectangle at the end of each loop, the refresh rate becomes terrible.

Any solutions?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 1.8" TFT characters refresh

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You have to erase the old characters before you write the new ones. There are two ways to do that: 1) draw a rectangle in the background color, or 2) rewrite the old characters in the background color.

saxonpaul92

Re: 1.8" TFT characters refresh

Post by saxonpaul92 »

Also, be sure to only refresh after the Hour, Minute, and/or Seconds change and move the cursor to the point you want to change. If not you will get a flashing effect. Not too bad but, can be controlled if you only update when the time changes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”