Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel color problem

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DMCo

Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel color problem

Post by DMCo »

I have an Arduino project controlling a Medium 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel. It works great. When I purchased the small version, I plugged it into the same connectors, It worked, sort of. It shows all the right shapes in my application but the colors are wrong. I ran the testshapes demo and it draws the right shapes, the plasma demo is beautiful, but I the colors generated are different than when run on the medium matrix.

I've experimented with different color functions, 333, 444, 888, HSV. Color correction gets closer to what I expect, but I don't get orange with 7, 7, 0. I get lavender. With most options I get black.

I'm still experimenting, but it's become frustrating.

Any suggestions?

pburgess

Re: Small 32x32 RGB LED matrix panel color problem

Post by pburgess »

Strange. I don't have one of the small panels handy to compare against -- could you post photos of the connectors on the back? Sounds like the R/G/B data pins may be in different locations between the two sizes.

DMCo

Post by DMCo »

I'm sure your correct. I forgot about wiring all those color lines. It had the same single 16 pin header like the larger matrix, so I figured they were the same. I posted a picture of the back. Except for indicating which connector is input and output, it doesn't give a clue to the pin-outs.

As the control lines seem to be the same, I guess I could swap the color lines around until I find the right wiring. First I'll try in software using BGR, or GRB or RBG.

Thank you, that gives me something to go on.
Attachments
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG (146.9 KiB) Viewed 318 times

DMCo

Post by DMCo »

The Blue and Green are swapped. There was a note in the wiring instructions on the adafruit site.

Thanks again

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”